Electricity generated from the coal plants is becoming costly day by day. As the result of this, the price of the Solar Rooftop Systems is also increasing.
The increasing dependence on the DG sets and the power cuts are causing damage to the surrounding. The demand-supply breach for electricity is also increasing in India that makes it vital for the people to begin thinking of some other ways to realize their energy requirements. Considering this point, the MNRE or the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is promoting the Solar Rooftop Systems. Several people in India have started to feel the need to install the solar PV system for their own houses or apartments.
Types of the Rooftop Solar Systems: – There are Basically Three Types of Rooftop Solar Systems.
Grid-Tied:-These types of systems are designed for working with the grid only. Hence, t is the combination of solar grid and PV. As the grid-tied systems depend on reference voltages supplied by the grid for operations, the systems cannot be operated when the grid is down.
Grid-Interactive:- Grid-interactive systems work in combination with either a diesel generator for supporting the load at the time of even power failure or with a battery backup.
Off-Grid:- These systems are manufactured for operating without the grid. Off-grid systems sync with the diesel generator or the batteries. These battery-based systems are of lesser capacity because of the investment involved. The rising price of the other sources of power has seen a steady rise in the sizes of the battery based systems.
The difference between these three systems lies in the type of the inverter used and the incorporations of the batteries. Several components are collected to design these systems.
Let us List Out the Components:-
- The inverters, which convert the DC electricity to the AC form
- Cables:- The DC cables convey that the current from the solar panels to the inverters and the AC cables from the inverters to the loads
- The Mounting Structures:- They are designed for supporting the panels on the rooftops
- Electrical Peripherals:- These components include the junction Boxes, Lightning arrestors, Earthing, Conduits, etc. All of these are extremely specific to the power plant’s design.
- Finally, another cost element is the tangible supervision, installation and the design for the power plant.
With the advancement of technology every year, ONergy Solar is experiencing noteworthy price reductions.